Thursday, May 2, 2013

Anticipation



Tuesday, I picked out a couple of projects to work on for the next fortnight.  A pair of Coastal Cargos for Chaos, a Beachy Boatneck for the Hawk, and a ruffly spring top for me.  If I can get those done, I'll start on a summer dress.  

Yesterday, I went to the fabric store with the Hawk, who sqwaked at everything and everybody he recognized.  (He's never that talkative when we call his Momoo.)  Seersucker was on sale, so I grabbed a yard for the pants.  The clearance table had a nice peachy swiss dot floral, and I matched some solid grey Kona to it for my top.  All with approval from the Hawk.  The shirt for Hawk is slated to be cut from some awesome knit from Girl Charlee.  Should all go well, the dress will be cut from a vintage sari off eBay.  

Also nabbed some purple FQs and a pair of purse handles for a commission.  Now, if I could just get my hands on some Pellon of the correct weight... they've been out the last three trips.  Might just have to break down and buy a whole bolt.  I use it.  
Today, I'm cutting patterns and pre-washed fabric.  Tonight, I'm cutting fabric!  Tomorrow.... the world!  Er.  Sewing.  Yeah.  That. 

No comments:

Post a Comment