Tuesday, April 23, 2013

KCW Day 1


Was yesterday.  Yep.  Since I did my "hour" late last night, and probably will again tonight, I'll just post it all a day behind.  Ish.

Last week, I cut out the pattern pieces that I wanted to use.  The Prepster Pullover got printed once, traced and cut twice.  For the record, I hate using multiple sheets of paper taped together, so I just transfer the bigger pieces onto wrapping paper.  So, there was a pair of patterns, 18M and 2T, waiting.  I washed the fabric last week, too, and folded it neatly.

Last night, I cleared off the kitchen table, anticipated probable toddler incursions, got cat interference instead, and went to work.  It took longer than an hour, but I traced and cut out both shirts.  Tonight, a couple of interfacing pieces need tracing and cutting, and I'm hoping to make some headway on basic assembly.  I still don't have buttons, and won't for a week or three, so these'll just be "finished."

If I can get these done quick enough, I'll try for a Beachy Boatneck next using some fantastic knit fabric from Girl Charlee.  (Which I totally package stalked three times a day until it was finally in my greedy grubbies.)  After that, the queue shows board shorts for both kiddos, and something else that I don't want to give away just yet.  It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment